Under Bench Water Filters
Located neatly under your sink, an under bench water filter gives you plenty of clean tasting fresh water for drinking and food preparation.
You can choose from four models of under bench water filters. The type that's right for you will depend on what type of impurities you want removed from your water and to what extent you want your water filtered down to.
The four types are:
E-coli eliminator underbench filter - For the ultimate in pure healthy drinking water from one tap.
KDF / GAC underbench water filtration - For the most popular under bench filter.
Solid Carbon Block underbench system - For a more traditional style underbench filter.
Inline underbench system - Instead of having a separate tap, inline systems can be fitted into to deliver the filtered water through a single kitchen tap so there is no need to drill an extra hole in the bench top.
The first three underbench models come with a choice of taps, the new stainless steel one being the most popular. Please see our designer taps for examples.
Inline systems can be fitted to existing taps, though there may be a pressure reduction in the cold water supply. Taps with hot, cold and filtered outlets are available. We also install as standard Pressure Reducing Valves on all our underbench filters. We are also upgrading any clients who haven’t got one as we are finding interesting things happening with the water pressure increasing on town water supply.
If you want filtered water at your bathroom basin as well, an additional filter can be fitted in the cabinet below the basin. There are a lot of modern designs which however prevent us from installing underbench filters, so if you want filtered water throughout the house look at the whole house water filter page for an appropriate solution.
E-coli eliminator under bench system
Introducing the underbench e-coli eliminator! E-coli eliminator gives you total peace of mind for the purest water straight from your tap. Using the latest membrane technology 0.04 micron filtration physically removes impurities, leaving hospital grade drinking water.
When used on town water this filter is supplied with the KDF/GAC filter. Please see below for the benefits and specifications of this filter or call 0800 787 392.
- Enjoy peace of mind that your water has been filtered to remarkable purity
- Safeguard your health from chemical contamination
- Boost your daily performance to invigorate your body and mind
- Your children will habitually ask for water instead of soft drinks; your guests will rave about the beautiful taste of your water
- Smooth, crisp, fresh and crystal clear water continuously served at home
- The only micro biologically certified underbench purifier on the market, this is the latest in technology.
- Filters down to 0.04 micron to provide 99.999% physical removals of Bacteria E-Coli, 99.999% physical removal of viruses, and 99.7% physical removal of cysts, Giardia and Cryptosporidium.
- Removes Chlorine, Pesticides, herbicides, Alkenes, Cholorophenols, Aromatic Hydrocarbons and Trihalomethanes
- Leaves healthy minerals & natural salts in your drinking water
- The Eco-friendly system requires no power or chemicals to purify (98% energy efficient)
- No more purchased bottled water
- The system is well-built to look after itself with only a yearly service required
- You can install ion exchange options if you need to remove extra hard minerals, iron and manganese
Please click here to download the Certification for this product.
KDF / GAC under bench water filtration
This underbench water filter is the best performing filter on the market for all-round chemical and heavy metal removal combining the twin technologies of KDF with GAC - Granular Activated Carbon.
- Tastes just like cold bottled water
- Removes most impurities (not fluoride)
- Removes heavy metals
- Most commonly used underbench filter
- Made in the USA
- Filters usually last 2 years
KDF / GAC filters remove: KDF is a media of high purity copper-zinc formulations. These substances exchange electrons or bond with chlorine and other metals contained in the water to create harmless substances. Learn more on KDF.
KDF reduces levels of most heavy metals including:
Note: KDF is not usually required for tank water as the water should not be contaminated with heavy metals carbon is very good at removing the following:
- Giardia & Cryptosporidium
- Cysts 99.9%
- Taste & Odour
Learn more about carbon filters or free phone 0800 787 392 to have an underbench system installed.
Solid carbon block water filters
Solid carbon block filters are really good and we have hundreds of clients using them. They have been the standard underbench filter for many years now and have proven themselves as a great way to remove chlorine and chemicals from your water.
- Tastes just like bottled water
- Removes chlorine and its carcinogens (not fluoride)
- Filters are made in the USA
- More traditional style under bench filter
- Filters usually last 12 months
Solid carbon block removes:
- Giardia & Cryptosporidium
- Cysts 99.9%
- Taste & Odour
The carbon filters we usually use on town water supply are of the solid block variety. This is because they can remove huge amounts of chemicals and chlorine as their surface area is so big. See more here on carbon filters or free phone 0800 787 392 to have an underbench system installed.
Inline underbench water filter
Any of the three types of system listed above can be used with the inline system. Instead of having a separate tap, the inline underbench water filter is plumbed into the existing tap or a new unit with an additional filter tap.
- As above
- No need to drill through bench top to install so it is suitable for granite and stone bench tops
- A single tap unit looks less cluttered
If we are plumbing into a standard hot and cold tap unit, there may be a reduction in flow rate on the cold water as the pressure of water in the filter unit has to be reduced. This can be overcome by using a new 3 way tap which has a filtered water lever on it.
These are the three most popular filtered water taps.
To get more info about fridge filters or under bench filters phone us on 0800 787 392 or complete the contact form at the top right of this page.